Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shifting schedule

Whenever people ask me what time Bobo goes to bed or gets up in the morning I always say, 'It varies,' and get an eyeroll in response, as if I'm being deliberately stubborn. 'I know it varies, he's a baby... but what time usually?' 'IT VARIES.' If he had a USUAL bedtime/waking time I wouldn't hedge around the issue just to make conversation, I'd tell you straight off! It's not like he gets up between 8:30-8:50 each day or something and I'm just exaggerating, honestly!
I would LIKE him to go to bed/wake up at set times, but that doesn't seem to happen around here. Some nights I put him down to bed at a reasonable hour, and he just can't fall asleep for THREE HOURS sometimes. So I end up singing 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" until I'm hoarse and he wiggles all around the bed being frustrated and we're both bored... it makes no sense to me. That's three hours we could all spend doing something better. I'd rather put him to bed very late some nights (when I know he'll be restless) than make us both suffer.

Anyway, the point is that this week he was going to bed super late thanks to weird nap schedules, and getting up around 10:30. Then he decided to shift gears the past two mornings, to a 5am Reveille. At least last night he went to bed easily, so tonight should be easy too. :) Not much to do at 5am though, when I'm trying not to wake anyone else!

One super cute thing about it is that when he wakes up at the crack of dawn, this tends to happen around 10am... he just passes out in the middle of whatever he's doing. One minute he'll be reading a book or dancing, the next I'll look over and he's asleep! I don't think I'll ever get over how funny and adorable it is to see him asleep in random places.


1 comments:

tavus said...

hahah! you crack me up! those pictures are so cute.

 

Original Template by YummyLolly.com