Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mommy's Time-Consuming Project


Sorry I haven't been updating in the past week and a half - I've been quite busy finishing up a project of mine. I am quite proud of it, even though it's not really all that exciting... it's more of the accomplishment of getting something finished!



Well, there it is... my novel! The cover anyway. You can click to enlarge and read the back if you're curious what it's about. I am waiting for the printer to approve the files, and in a few days a proof copy will be created and sent to my door and soon in my hands I will hold my very own book. :)

Before you gasp to yourself in pride at knowing a famous published author, relax... it's just a "prize" that everyone who completes National Novel Writing Month (the thing that ate up my entire November) is eligible to receive. You can set up your book on Createspace.com and they will professionally print it for you, and list it on their e-store and Amazon if you so choose. Nanowrimo gives you a code for a free proof copy when you 'win', so that's what I'm doing.

So, after a month of writing and a frantic, horrifying week and a half of editing... it's done and I can go on with my life, continue blogging and finally clean up the house again! Hee hee. Don't worry, I'll be posting pictures in various authorly poses with the book once it arrives. I'm sure it will look very distinguished. :)

2 comments:

tavus said...

so, did you win? either way, it's great! let me know when it's on e-stores. I want one :) !

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific made forum!
Just thought this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Robin Toby
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/construction-party-supplies.html]construction Party Supplies[/url].

 

Original Template by YummyLolly.com