Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Monkey Bread from PW Cooks




When I saw this recipe for Monkey Bread by Pastor Ryan on Pioneer Woman Cooks... I immediately put the ingredients on my shopping list. It looked SO yummy, and personally I had never heard of it before. Click that link for the recipe and step-by-step instructions, I'm too lazy to write them out here. :)


I should say, this was like a heart attack in a bag, probably because I did something wrong? It calls for an angel food cake pan, and I used a bundt pan, which may have resulted in uneven butter absorption ... all the butter soaked the pieces at the top ... personally I love butter, but I couldn't even stomach these pieces.



At first when you cut up the biscuits and coat them in cinnamon and sugar, I thought they looked like the soft little calf nuts that PW is always going on about, and found that pretty amusing. They could also be from... monkeys, hence the name! Or maybe it's named for its resemblance to monkey poop- which they throw around for entertainment- that's the theory in my household.



Ridiculous amounts of butter! Just looking at this picture gives me indigestion all over again. Oh, and I would bake it longer than the recipe calls for next time... I still had some pieces that were very doughy and unappetizing. Overall, I don't think I would be in a rush to make this again... maybe the garlic parmesan version... with not so much butter! :)



0 comments:

 

Original Template by YummyLolly.com